Vacy is on the Paterson River, located 9 km north of Paterson. Upon driving into Vacy appears a very small collection of residences, to the west is Mt George (452 m), to the north is Mt Breckin and looming over the town to the south is Mt Johnstone (341 m).
Vacy came into existence around 1828 as a private township established by the Cory family. John Cory Sr came out from England with his sons Edward and John Jr in 1823 and they soon received grants in the area. John Jr owned Cory Vale and John Sr owned Vacy. By 1839 both grants were in the hands of another son, Gilbert, who arrived later and became the town’s real patriarch. It remained in the family until the land was subdivided and sold in 1927.
Things to Do:
Bunna Bunoo Olive Grove
Flying Duck Cafe
Heritage Walk & Walking Trails
Scenic Drive (along Summer Hill Road)
St John’s Church
Sacred Heart Church
The Farmer’s Hotel
The Annual Vacy Village Carnival, March
Tourist Information sign